: This position is responsible for assisting and supporting clients in residential facilities of Passages to Recovery (PTR) to identify, monitor and achieve their goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Report to office at 225 West 7th Ave. West Homestead
- Maintain a caseload as set forth by the Director
- Complete appropriate intake procedure within residential center’s designated time frame
- Work in conjunction with Director to complete client orientation within center’s designated time frame
- Work with client to complete and maintain service plan
- Administer handbook tests to clients within designated time frame
- Create and maintain a file for all clients served including documentation of a minimum of one formal weekly contact per client on caseload
- Track, document, and maintain all pertinent medical and legal information on assigned clients
- Complete and prepare resident visitor packets and submit to Center Management
- Conduct home sponsor interviews
- Ensure that clients follow proper rules, regulations and procedures in accordance with agency handbook
- Perform monitor duties as needed including but not limited to drug screenings, room searches, personal searches, etc.
- Complete resident’s pharmaceutical documentation and maintain communication with pharmacy regarding resident prescription needs.
- Review and approve all client community passes, weekly schedules and budgets
- Educate clients on how to access community resources independently
- Facilitate team meetings for client review and adjustment hearings
- Advocate for clients at all necessary court hearings
- Prepare and submit necessary parole papers or other legal documentation as required
- Maintain and document weekly communication with therapists and/or additional agency staff regarding clients on caseload.
- Attend and participate in all necessary meetings
- Prepare monthly reports on client statistics
- Participate in professional development training including but not limited to working with offenders and substance abuse related topics.
- Be available to work flexible schedule and perform monthly on-call duties as set forth by Director
- Promote the mission and goals of the agency at all times
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ethics and Confidentiality
– Comply with existing policy presented in employee handbook and its addendums.
Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; demonstrates flexibility in covering open shifts during staff shortages
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
– Must be fluent in a variety of computer technologies including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions: Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
–Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve services: Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Adapts to changes in work environment; modifies or changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
– Exhibits confidence in self and encourages confidence in others; Inspires and motivates others to do well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays willingness to make decisions and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
– Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must also be Covid vaccinated or willing to obtain vaccinations prior to starting in the position.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree in a related field and 2 years’ experience as a case manager.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a related field and one year experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to obtain current ACT 33 & 34 Clearances.
Must be able to obtain Allegheny County Jail Clearances.
Must Be Able To Obtain Additional Clearances As Required.
Valid driver’s license is required.
Consistent access to an insured vehicle is preferred
Powered by JazzHR
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Interpersonal Skills