Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to URL blocked - click to apply to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Will oversee all aspects of plant operation while on shift to include direction, support and leadership as required to all operations shift personnel, in order to achieve operational goals and objectives. The Shift Supervisor will direct all operators during startups and shutdowns, direct all operators and assist in work during emergencies and upsets.
Help set and monitor performance criteria, objectives and goals for the shift in the areas of Safety, Environment, Performance and Production. Plan, direct and monitor the work of operators on shift. Engage in self-development activities and promote development of others. Actively seek to manage the PSM responsibility of the Operations Department. Supervise the operation of the refinery according to the run plan; oversee the receipt and discharge of crude oil cargos, distillate products, and liquid asphalt via marine and truck loading facilities. Schedule hourly overtime, review procedures, direct and document training, coach and counsel team members, coordinate operations activities with other refinery departments and role model expected behavior. Also works to troubleshoot activity for site specific problem resolution and other duties as assigned.
- Safety and Environmental Lead- provide clear direction and guidance to the operators on handling issues related to safety and environmental. Ensure all activities are per procedure and policy. Audit through permit auditing, field walkthroughs, JSO’s, etc. Promote safety and environmental awareness during daily, weekly and monthly training sessions
- Emergency Response- in the event of an emergency, act as on-scene incident commander with primary goals of life, safety, and incident stabilization
- Coordinate shift activities- expedite all operational duties of the shift including product transfers, changes to the process, preparing for maintenance and contract work and responding to safety and environmental issues
- Monitor the process areas- oversee the operation of the units, boilers, gas treaters, and quality control specifications. Monitor rates, equipment performance, product inventory and housekeeping
- Supervise employees- Monitor employee logs, readings, and notifications. Discuss and follow through on items included in the daily activity. Provide appropriate coaching to employees when performance requires such. Lead by example
- Monitor readings and logs- track, record, and communicate activities carried out during each shift. Retain information for shift change and historical records
- Perform and attend training. Administer meetings such as safety, environmental, etc. Attend weekly staff meeting and give input into operational issues. Attend monthly, annual and other scheduled training as mandated by ERT
- Scheduling shift work, fulfill staffing requirements in all areas of operation
- Operations Management – Participate in refinery and operations management goal setting and initiate and follow changes to resolve issues related to refinery’s goals
- Other duties as assigned
- High School or equivalent
- 8 or more years refinery or related work experience
- 3 or more years proven supervisory or lead experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Oversee Entire Shift
Training Crew Members
Oversight Of Production
Daily Production Standards