- Responsible for day to day management of the Business Intelligence and Reporting Team
- This is a hands-on technical role
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, design and implement cost effective technology decisions
- Lead overall BI User Experience, working closely with Executives and end users to define how they access, interact, and utilize business data
- Proven experience with front-end reporting tools, preferably LogiAnalytics (formerly LogiXML) along with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), web application development, design, and implementation
- Hands-on technical role that is responsible for data warehousing and business intelligence, with emphasis on reporting and data analytics through the entire project lifecycle
- Meet with stakeholders to gather and document data warehouse and/or reporting requirements to ensure development work meets business objectives
- Provide dashboard/reporting functionality and create key performance indicators, calculations, and metrics on web and mobile applications
- Experience in writing and tuning SQL queries, view, stored procedures, and functions
- Create Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services packages (SSIS), scripts, and other elements to move data from the source databases into the data warehouse
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from various source systems to the data warehouse covering a variety of technical scenarios encountered in the construction of complex data warehousing solutions
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) design and build experience including multi-tier infrastructures, partitioning, aggregations, proactive caching, actions, role and data-level security
- Proven experience sourcing data from a variety of applications, creating OLAP models, and generating multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS
- Prepare deliverables such as source to target mappings and transformation rules documentation
- uties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future busine
- Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition
- May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors
- Impact of work is most often at the local level
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience (equivalent equals 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree)
- 6 or more years with progressive responsibilities in a data heavy hands on technical role
- Previous experience leading teams of FTE’s or contractors
- This position requires a resource with proven experience and knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence, with emphasis on data architecture, sourcing, reporting and analytics through the entire project lifecycle
- This resource will play a key role in the architecture, delivery and governance of reporting and data delivery at MedExpress
- This resource will be responsible for ensuring that MedExpress creates and adheres to Business Intelligence best practices and principles
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Online Analytical Processing
Sql Server Integration Services