$75000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance has an opening for an experienced, driven Senior Accountant to provide leadership and know-how to a growing team. This is a full-time opportunity in the San Antonio, Texas area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. In addition to a strong compensation and benefits package, this position offers a great long-term potential. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the continued success of the firm.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Administer Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Provide Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Apply oneself to various department-wide initiatives
- Allocate and prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis reports for management
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with ERP systems
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Skilled at time management
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Foundational knowledge in Qualifications Bachelors Degree
- Auditing experience
- Deep understanding of CPA Designation
- Command of financial statement preparation
- Proven knowledge of Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Well-founded grasp of external reporting
- Solid understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles