To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norwood, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Coordinator
Don Guanella Village • Norwood, PA
Posted 28 days ago
Primary Purpose of Position: A professional manager who is a licensed registered nurse responsible for coordination and/or completion of all health care aspects for individuals, utilizing skills in communication, assessment, supervision, and administration.
Essential Job Functions:
Ensures quality compliance of clinical/professional standards of practice, maintains and updates professional licensure
- Maintains confidentiality of individual’s medical records and personal information
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible and deviate from the routine, according to the needs of the program
- Maintains a clean and professional appearance
- Assesses, coordinates, documents and follows up on all aspects of the individual’s health care.
- Communicates clinical assessment information effectively to both professional and non professional individuals inclusive of family members, staff members and medical personnel.
- Notifies families / guardians of all upcoming appointments, procedures , testing and communicates outcomes to families / guardian.
- Responsible to work alongside physicians both in the community as well as on campus and clearly communicate the outcome of these visits to all team members.
- Responsible to transcribe physician orders and to complete all lab requests, or consult sheets for outside medical appointments to ensure that accurate information is being relayed to the treating physicians or medical personnel, review all consult sheets and lab results within 24 hours to ensure and ensure proper implementation.
- Responsible to obtain Human Rights Committee (HRC) approval for medications and other health related protections.
- Collaborates with physicians, other health disciplines, adjunctive therapies and members of the interdisciplinary team to identify and evaluate health needs of individual.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards such as licensing regulations and current policy as related to heath care management.
- Regular travel to CLA homes across Delaware County
- Conducts random book audits to ensure that all files are being maintained as required.
- Consistently demonstrates good judgment and decisions regarding health concerns.
- Arranges to have needed medications, supplies and equipment on hand.
- Accompanies clients on medical appointments as needed.
- Provides support and training to direct care staff in the management of health care.
- Participate in team meetings including IPP’s.
- Participates in the Medical On Call (MOC) rotation.
- Conducts random audits of medication passes to ensure proper implementation of medication administration policy.
- Follows up on self-medication assessment annually.
- Ensure the proper completion of nursing quarterlies for individuals on their caseload.
- Administers and documents medication, treatments and therapies as needed.
- Adheres to the guidelines set forth in the Incident Management Policy, follows up on medically related incidents to provide immediate corrective action and prevent a reoccurrence.
- Will become and maintain Certified Investigator Certification and conduct investigations throughout the Developmental Programs Division, as assigned.
Registered Nurse in the state of PA with 3 years of experience working with people with Intellectual Disabilities.
Clean & current valid driver’s license in the state of residence for at least 3 years in the U.S. . Ability to pass background checks including FBI, Child & PA Criminal.
The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence , a part of the Intellectual Disabilities Division of Catholic Social Services within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, is an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
/CB *CB - UPDATE as of 12.19.17
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.