Role OverviewThe Position
NorthStar Anesthesia is seeking a Chief CRNA Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to lead and support the team at Detroit Medical Center Sinai Grace in Detroit, MI. This is a full-time, W2 employee opportunity with excellent benefits and leadership growth. Cases include general surgery, ENT, ortho, endo, cardiac, thoracic, neuro, trauma and OB. DMC Sinai Grace runs 6-7 ORs, 2 endo, and 2 procedure rooms.
This position includes year one compensation of $225,000, comprised of a base salary of $200,000-$210,000 and a $17k Chief Stipend, plus comprehensive benefits and 6 weeks of paid time off.
What You Will Do In This Role
The Chief CRNA will work in conjunction with the Medical Director of Anesthesia, anesthesiologists, CRNA staff, and all healthcare providers involved in the care of patients requiring anesthesia services.
- Works in collaboration with anesthesiologists, surgeons and other physicians and medical professionals to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
- Cares for patient before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a preanesthesia assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, inducing and maintaining intra-procedure anesthesia, and providing postanesthesia.
- Proficient in anesthesia-related procedures in accordance with facility clinical privileges.
- Develop staff schedule that meets the contractual anesthesia service agreement.
- Proficient in NorthStar IT-based platforms for scheduling, timekeeping, compliance, human resources, and payroll management.
- Adhere to and communicates NorthStar Policy and Procedures to staff CRNA teammates.
- Develop and maintain staff schedules that reflect budgetary accountability. This will be done in conjunction with Regional CRNA leadership.
- Assist NorthStar management and assigned facilities in product evaluation and cost saving measures.
What Qualifications You Will Need
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Hold current status as an Advanced Practice Nurse Anesthetist by the State Board of Nursing for the State of employment.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by the group, institution, or state.
- CRNA may also be required to hold additional licensures, certifications and/or education as required by facility and/or state for which they are assigned.
Location and Lifestyle
Michigan is home to picturesque lakes, parks, and natural beauty. Detroit has a lower cost of living compared to other large metropolitan areas. Detroit is also well known for its incredible restaurant scene, home of the coney dog, techno and Motown music, not to mention its extraordinary art and museum scene!
A Smarter Career Investment
Founded in 2004 by an anesthesiologist and a CRNA, NorthStar Anesthesia is the fastest growing anesthesia management company in the country. CRNAs and Physicians who choose NorthStar thrive because they are fully supported by clinical and operational leadership. What does it mean to be a leader at NorthStar Anesthesia? Chief CRNAs play a crucial role in developing team members to their full potential, creating and encouraging a culture of transparency, positive impact, and patient driven quality care. When you join NorthStar, you join an organization that is built upon being an industry leader in improving quality, team culture, and processes.
NorthStar offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Vision, Dental, Mental Health Resources, Short Term Disability, Company Paid Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, 401K plan with Company Match, 6 Weeks PTO, and Malpractice Insurance.
Each of us deserves to feel healthy, fulfilled, and supported by our teams. With NorthStar's One Team approach, our team members all do just that. We provide several resources to focus on each leaders career development as well as their well-being.
- We offer dedicated learning and development programs including virtual and live events, and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership.
- Clinician specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual and team performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
- You will be fully supported by NorthStar leadership, including your Regional Director of CRNA Services, VP of CRNA Services, VP of Operations, and VP of Physician Services.
Join NorthStar as a Chief CRNA Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and invest in your career! Apply today and contact Michelle Noble at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Chief Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) for immediate consideration.
NorthStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.We are committed to having a workforce that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.We are an Affirmative Action Employer. About NorthStar
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Human Resources
- Payroll Management