To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
105 East Port Lane
Summerville, SC 29483
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Allied Reliability • Summerville, SC
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is a \u201chands on\u201d position responsible for operating equipment in our glass fiberizing production process to manufacture specialized glass microfiber used in filtration, battery separation and specialty non-woven paper products. Onsite training provided for operation of specific fiberizing equipment, which includes system specific software/ PC controls, PLC controls, mechanical machine adjustment, and in-process testing of material. After an appropriate training period an operator is expected to be able to perform all the steps necessary to start up a production line, adjust/ maintain process parameters, and perform in-process testing using lab equipment to achieve defined product specifications. Requirements include basic math skills, mechanical aptitude or some experience working with hand tools, good eyesight or corrective glasses, good manual dexterity, the ability to work in an industrial environment (heat/ noise) and working 12 hour shifts. Cross training in other operational areas will be provided to expand working knowledge of entire fiberizing and packaging process.
Daily Duties for this position include:
- Setup process inputs on touch screen PLC
- Review previous shift specifications
- Co-ordinate machine temperature and combustion levels using in-process testing differentials to control process
- Communicate current run conditions
- Communicate possible upcoming down times and/or problems in the process
- Fill out downtime documentation
- Ensure individual filaments are properly aligned and burning correctly
- Report anomalies to supervisor
- Ensure manufacturing equipment is in sync with user interface system
- Supervise the production of flame attenuated filament machines
- Coordinate the assembly and/or reassembly of machinery to include - Filament guidance tool
- - Pull roll/ motor assemblies
- Maintain a clean, professional, organized work area
- Daily cleaning and mopping of work area
- String filaments and intercept bubbles
- Record process adjustments on control charts to document changes in the process variables.
- Accurately record downtime events as they occur in the process.
- Inspect equipment set up ups
- Meet with supervisor to discuss daily shift assignments and strategies.
- Sweep and dust burner room
- Maintain 5S tool boards
- Weekly Duties for this position include:
- Construct guide system
- Paint guide system tools
Manufacturing experience preferred. Reliable transportation required.