There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody - only those who want to positively impact the health of patients in their own environment. Ready for a new path? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is seeking talented individuals for our Home Infusion RN opportunities. We are delivering specialized infusion therapy services in patient homes and ambulatory infusion suites. Our elite team of Infusion Nurses is growing and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. Enjoy a flexible opportunity while providing compassionate and highly skilled care to patients.
- Competitive compensation
- Mileage reimbursement
- One-to-one patient care and teaching
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing your care allows a patient to heal at home!
The Home Infusion RN fills an integral role in the clinical operations of the organization, working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure infusion therapy can be safely and effectively administered to each home-based patient.
*** RNs will be asked to provide schedule availability on a regular basis, and expected to work those days indicated as available unless otherwise called off duty ***
Must be able to work at least 20 hours per weekend. Must be able to work every Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Must be willing to cover Birmingham, AL and the surrounding cities. Must have very good IV skills. Will see acute & chronic patients, needing IV or Enteral Therapy.
- Travel to provide skilled nursing care for infusion patients in their home or an ambulatory infusion suite
- Teach patients and their care givers to achieve the highest level of independence possible in self-care and monitoring of their infusion therapy
- Assess the patients’ condition and response to therapy, taking action as needed to facilitate achievement of treatment goals
- Collaborate with physicians and pharmacists on the patient plan of care and treatment, communicating status changes and implementing new orders as received
- Establish trust and build therapeutically effective relationships with patients and their families
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- 1+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such as medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care unit, post-anesthesia care unit, or similar setting)
- Proficient with electronic medical record documentation
- Willing and able to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including pharmacists and technicians, physicians and other licensed prescribers, registered dietitians, home health agencies (HHAs), sales representatives, and others as needed to provide comprehensive care and support of patients and caregivers
- Willing and able to work independently in home or alternate-site setting
- Willing and able to assume a flexible work schedule
- Willing and able to meet attendance, overtime, after-hours on-call, and other reliability requirements of the position
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to customer and/or patient sites
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience administering infusion therapy in a home or alternate-site setting
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies, and procedures
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements, OSHA employee protection regulations, and The Joint Commission’s accreditation standards for home health and home infusion pharmacy (or other relevant accrediting organizations)
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Effective interpersonal communications, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Effective teaching skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Alabama, AL, Birmingham, RN, Registered Nurse, CRNI, Home Infusion, Home Therapy, IVIG, INS, CRNI, IV Therapy, Part Time, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Optum, Winston, Cullman, Blount, Etowah, Cherokee, Walker, Jefferson, Saint Clair, Calhoun, Cleburne, Shelby, Talladega, Clay, Randolph, Chilton, Coosa, Tallapoosa, Chambers, Autauga, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Montgomery, Macon, Bullock, Russell