Full Time, Overnight, 3, 12 hours shifts
Must be able to work every other weekend,
Under the supervision of the Nursing Supervisor, the LPN is responsible for assisting the Physician in providing patient care in a supportive and therapeutic environment. The Licensed Practical Nurse coordinates with the Physician, Registered Nurse and Director of Nursing cooperates with other departments as required to provide for total patient care.
- Obtains a complete initial assessment including medical, psychiatric and chemical dependency history.
- Assesses and evaluates medical and psychiatric problems and reports to the Registered Nurse and Physician to initiate interventions.
- Confers with other departments regarding patient care on an as needed basis.
- Accurately follows through on physician orders, administering medications and treatments and scheduling outside consultations.
- Assists in the formulation of ITP and MTP, including assessments, writing care plans, updates of care plans, and discharge planning.
- Assists in the identification of medical, emotional and environmental needs of the patient.
- Assists in nutritional screening, interventions with dietician, physician and dietary department to ensure that the patient’s dietary needs are met.
- Assists in searching patients and their belongings, confiscating all contraband and inappropriate items.
- Responsible for accurate documentation on patient charts.
- Accurately documents unusual events of patients, staff and visitors by utilizing Incident Reports.
- Completes diagnostics such as PFTs, PPDs and the collection of urine, sputum and other specimens.
Full benefits available
- Prefer experience in chemical dependency or psychiatric nursing.
- A graduate of an approved school of nursing with a current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of PA
- CPR Certification.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to understand medical charts and physician orders.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills with patients, staff, physicians, families and the public.
- Ability to be flexible in adjusting to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Must have ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to work well with others as a member of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified