To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Audit Senior Associate
CBIZ • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
We are proud of our strong company culture. In 2018, we were recognized by the Orange County Business Journal, San Diego Union Tribune, and the Pacific Coast Business Times as one of the “Best Places to Work”. We were also recognized by the National Association of Business Resources as one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work For”. It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards, knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us spots on these lists.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Complete all aspects of audit engagements for clients including status updates to engagement managers and adhere to all quality control standards as required
- Demonstrate understanding of the client’s business including analysis and planning of client engagements
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested, explain variances when needed
- Achieve charge hour goals
- Review associates’ auditing work: provide constructive review points
- May supervise associate’s on engagements
- Train and mentor associate staff
- May be involved in the client billing process by assisting Managers or Directors
- Identify and begin to develop knowledge in selected specialty practice
- Leverage industry knowledge and business acumen blending cross serve opportunities into client engagements
- Participate in practice development activities such as: membership in qualified organizations capable of referring potential engagements
- Execute administrative duties as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs