The Educational Sign Language Interpreter supports staff, students, and families by providing interpretation and translation services for the deaf/hearing-impaired students. The interpreter also effectively facilitates communication between students who use sign language due to hearing loss, and students/teachers who do not.
- Utilizes American Sign Language (ASL)
- Interprets oral communication into sign language and signed communication into spoken English
- Adheres to the rules of confidentiality required of all school personnel
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with teachers and other school personnel.
- Works closely with students, guiding them in their own language to help understand classroom and homework instructions.
- Contacts families to keep them informed of school events and communicate their child's progress in school.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- State Board of Education Initial Sign Language Interpreter Certificate (as applicable)
- Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) certificate (as applicable per state regulation or client requirement)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) certification (as applicable per state regulation or client requirement)
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions background screening and hiring process
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information and and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Speech Language Pathology