Working for Vestas, you are part of the global leader in the high-tech world of wind energy and you have international opportunities in a growing industry committed to preserving our planet for future generations.
Sales/SBU AME/Construction/Project Management
The Director, Construction Project Management provides leadership to a team of 15-20 Project Management professionals to enable the profitable execution of highly complex and exciting construction projects across the United States and Canada. The position is responsible for the team's complete financial, safety and customer performance. As well as ensuring an engaged, motivated, aligned, and collaborative team. The position functions as a key member of Vestas' management team.
- Supervise, guide and develop the Project Management team to maximize performance; create and build team environment while providing direction, knowledge, and support with prioritization of work and allocation of resources as needed.
- Participate in the development and achievement of business plans and strategic targets.
- Effectively promote process development (streamlining and aligning) to identify, scope, and coordinate improvement projects related to Business Solutions/ERP processes for both Construction and Sales.
- Provide forecast inputs and best practices/lessons learned to the sales team
- Direct cost out programs. Prioritize, and facilitate cost out initiatives, project management thru completion.
- Support the Execution department in the sales phase.
- Interface and influence Global Construction, understand initiatives, represent VAME and promote global programs back thru the Global Construction Organization.
- Participating in developing collaboration and coordination with associated entities in VAME, Denmark and other Business Units for all issues related to Construction and Project Management.
- Review and approve project implementation strategies for Construction.
- 7-10 years of experience in a management position in finance/controlling/contract management in large industrial or construction companies
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Business, Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to achieve high-level results through on-going organizational and business systems development using effective change management and continuous improvement methodology.
- Proven abilities to supervise large programs to achieve profitable outcomes.
- Ability to select/retain Project Managers; additional project support and build a strong Project Management Team
- Experienced with third party negotiations and claim handling
- Strong financial and accounting insight incl. tax systems, financial risk management.
- Basic Wind turbine site construction knowledge incl. civil/BOP engineering
- Good understanding of SAP, its modules and functionalities
- Inclusiveness - Achieves a culture of Execution Excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the project management team to advance capability and performance in all operational areas. Makes recommendations and advocates improving area work processes.
- Functions effectively in a time-sensitive setting in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Communication- Professional oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, diplomatic social skills, presentation skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting – with team, stakeholders, all levels, etc.)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Systems Development Life Cycle