To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4115 South Zero Street
Fort Smith, AR 72908
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Exide Technologies • Fort Smith, AR
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The position is responsible for mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs and installation of new equipment.Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment including power sources.
- Suggest and implement improvements to existing equipment.
- Carry out and suggest preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Perform repairs on the facility itself, including electrical, light construction and mechanical.
- After being trained in Lockout/Tagout (LOTO), being able to follow the LOTO procedure in all appropriate situations.
- Ability to be trained and apply safety and environmental to the work situation.
- Wear all protective equipment as the job and environment and company policies dictate.
- Aid in the installation of new equipment and the removal of old equipment.
- Repair/operate high pressure boilers and steam systems.
- All other duties as assigned by their supervisor/manager or the departmental Production Supervisor. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to regularly attend eight (8) hour shifts on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts from Monday through Friday with mandatory overtime frequently.
- Helps completes daily and weekly 5s responsibilities particularly for their area and for the department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain high pressure boiler license within 1 year of starting the position
- Preferences given to:
- Manufacturing experience
- Pneumatics experience
- Mechanical experience
- Hydraulics experience
- Electrical experience
- Construction experience
- Experience with battery manufacturing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical instructions.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, customer and management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Pass a basic maintenance test as administered by the Company
- Prefer the ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions to help determine the work that needs to be performed
- Prefer an understanding of basic electricity/electronics in order to troubleshoot problems
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to maintain an acceptable pace of production, and occasionally required to maintain a faster pace of production with multiple priorities and frequent changes.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- May require a valid Operator License for powered industrial truck (also known as forklift, Drexel, or pallet jack)
OTHER CATEGORIES AS REQUIRED:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to stand; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Individual is frequently required to look from side to side. Individual is occasionally required to walk, use both hands to manipulate, control or set; bend their neck to look up and down, bend their waist to reach for things below their shoulders and hips; operate foot controls in a repetitive movement; hear verbal instructions and equipment traffic around them.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. on a daily basis and regularly lift, push or pull 41 to 150 lbs. with assistance of equipment on a daily to weekly basis.
- Individual is frequently required to use brazing torch, hand tools, and to occasionally use air tools and a touch screen computer screen.
- Regular use of safety glasses, gloves, uniforms, steel toed boots and welding or cutting goggles at all times in the plant (provided by employer) and use of respirator as necessary.
- Vision requirements: 20/40 or better, depth perception and full field view.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to molten lead, dust and heavy metals, like lead, and cadmium.
- Individual occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals like acid and risk of electrical shock or causing electrical shock.
- Individual is regularly exposed to extreme heat and humidity during the summer months in a plant that is not air conditioned.
- Individual is occasionally exposed to odors, moving machinery (different types of forklifts and pallet jacks).
- Individual is regularly exposed to lead, lead dust, epoxy (gluing at another in the immediate area), gases (natural gas and oxygen), solvents (isopropyl alcohol), and occasionally paint.
- Noise level is minimal to loud where hearing protection is offered but not required, and the surroundings are clean to dirty.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.