To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 National Harbor Boulevard
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Front Desk Manager (MGM National Harbor)
MGM National Harbor • Oxon Hill, MD
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Front Desk Manager is to ensure all facets of Front Desk operations on their shift are performed in accordance with set policy, procedure and service standards. The Assistant Front Desk manager is a direct link to the Hotel Operations Manager (or shift manager) for communication, direction and execution of day-to-day functions. They will positively resolve routine guest concerns and employee conflict, while monitoring Front Desk guest volume, staffing levels and service delivery by Front Desk staff.
• Ensure the daily operations of the check in/out process runs efficiently.
• Manages assigned staff to include: hiring recommendations that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; training; coaching; performance feedback, recommending and administering discipline.
• Schedules and evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
• Evaluates Front Desk Agents performance and provides coaching/progressive counseling when applicable; conducting annual performance appraisals as required.
• Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized.
• Provide excellent service consistent with the property’s core service standards and brand attributes.
• Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Promote and develop team-oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
• Manage responsibilities including: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the Company’s diversity commitment.
• Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures.
• Evaluate and correct or modify systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
• Respond to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
• Provide input into and executes the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the Company’s Standards and brand attributes.
• Keep the Front Desk Management Team informed of all pertinent information related to the department and reports irregularities and problems as they occur along with recommendations for solutions.
• Notify Management Team and Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts.
• Respond to emergency situations as necessary by following departmental procedures, staying calm, and assisting Security as needed.
• Be knowledgeable of Department and Hotel goals.
• Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
• Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries.
• Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify management immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
• Assist front line employees with guest complaints, questions or problems as they arise.
• Run manager reports such as downtime reports and credit card authorizations.
• Oversee lobby flow and ensure lobby space is well organized.
• Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
• Conduct team update meetings with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
• Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
• Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
• Other job related duties as requested
• Front Desk Representative
• Room Coordinator
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• At least two (2) years of guest service experience
• At least six (6) years of front desk experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Working knowledge of a Property Management System
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or similar resort setting
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attentions to detail and quality of service.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, associates, and hourly employees.
• Ability to make decisions quickly and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
• Manage multiple tasks in very high paced and stressful environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.