To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55433
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Development Representative
Ryerson Inc. • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Travel - Negligible
Experience - 1 years
Degree - 2 Year Degree
Manufacturing, Other Great Industries, Sales - Marketing
Customer Service, Entry Level, Sales
Job ID: 5127
What you get from us:
A fun, energetic work environment that encourages employees to grow within Ryerson through a multitude of career paths and opportunities. We give our employees the opportunity to be self-sufficient and self – advocate in their day-to-day duties while still working towards a team goal with a great group of like-minded individuals.
What will you do:
• Generate sales through focused, pro-active marketing; primarily out-reaching
• Collaborate with a variety of industries while promoting transactional and fabrication sales business
• Build professional relationships with customers across multiple geographic markets
• Process customer request (i.e. quotations and order entry)
• Source for items that Ryerson does not stock
• Identify strategies to improve and grow sales
• Understand and incorporate the goals of our business to grow sales and profitability
• Work closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, warehouse operations, and other departments within the company
• Competitive pay with opportunity for commission
• 401(k) matching
• Comprehensive health, dental & vision benefits
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation time and holiday pay
What we do:
For over 175 years, Ryerson has been enabling progress, innovation, and profitability for industrial markets around the world. We're one of the largest metal distributors in the industry. We offer an extensive product portfolio, state-of-the-art fabrication and processing capabilities, and a network of service centers throughout North America and beyond. Our customers can count on us to get the metals they need, when they need them, at a competitive price.
What you bring:
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Previous sales or customer service experience preferred
• SAP/Salesforce Preferred but not required.
• Results-focused, competitive, and self-motivated attitude
• Understands the importance of creating value and recognizes opportunities
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving/conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually
• Attention to detail
• Ability to skillfully multi-task
• Basic math aptitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Job ID: PCK549-18411
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.