We are excited to welcome a dynamic Software Developer to our growing Melville, NY office. Join the team behind one of the world's largest financial technology providers. EVO Payments Inc. is a leading publicly traded payments processor servicing 600,000 merchants, and licenses across 50 countries in Europe and North America.
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
The goal of the role: As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing and writing code to support existing applications and or designing and developing web-based applications to support project needs. We want someone to join a smart and complex team to help us continue to move forward.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and developing web-based applications utilizing Microsoft .NET technologies, with a proficiency in C# development
- Performing maintenance and modifications of programs currently in production
- Modifying or expanding coding to accomplish specified processing changes
- Creating and supporting windows client-server/web applications developed in house
- Unit-testing on modified programs to ensure user data accuracy and modifications have no adverse impact on systems operation
- Assisting project managers or other department team and management members in defining and creating all project documentation
- Referring any problems or situations that users may be experiencing to the Team Lead and/or Development Manager
- Communicating project status and deliverables with managers and clients
- Providing assistance to project lead in analysis, design, development, and support for in-house developed applications
- Performing related projects and duties as needed
You could be a great fit with these qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline
- Must have at least 3 years of C# .Net Web application development and Microsoft SQL database development experience
- Experience in Bootstrap & MVC a plus
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft .NET technology
- Must be proficient in system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work independently, resolve conflicts, and prioritize workflow in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively, and meet objectives
- Must have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills
- Creative, self-motivated with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Active Server Pages (Asp)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Java Script (Programming Language)