At Imandra we build tools for reasoning about algorithms. Our technology forms an integral part of our customers’ software development lifecycles, from the design stage right through to analytics and monitoring of critical production systems.
We are looking for strong R&D Engineers to help scale our products to the next level.
We have a solid foothold in the financial sector, and we are now applying Imandra’s general purpose automated reasoning tools to other industries, to help make producing correct software simpler and more accessible for everyone.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the Imandra reasoning engine, check out our interactive technical docs at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to R&D Engineer (Austin TX)
You'll be working on developing our cloud based automated reasoning platform, primarily using OCaml.
There are opportunities to get involved across the full stack according to your skills and interests:
- Our web APIs and backend services (OCaml, PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Product UIs and visualization tools (React, via the ReasonML/Bucklescript/Melange toolchain, webgl).
- Continuous integration and cloud infrastructure (Google cloud, Kuberenetes, Terraform).
- Modeling and verifying customer production systems using Imandra.
- Working directly with customers to prototype and develop new product features.
- Contributing to novel advanced proof automation techniques, formal verification and code synthesis algorithms.
- Contributing to open source projects, both upstreaming new features and fixes and publishing new open source libraries.
We’re a small team and our engineers have a high degree of autonomy, so you’ll need to be able to self-organize and identify how best to make an impact.
You’ll be working with a globally distributed team in different timezones. Our primary locations are Austin TX and London, Bristol and Edinburgh in the UK, but we’re open to people working from anywhere. We tend to have regional meet ups every month, with a global meet up once a year.Requirements
What we're looking for
Skills That Are a Bonus
- Strong software development skills.
- A product-focussed mindset, with a willingness to design, develop and deliver features and improvements across the full software stack.
- An interest in typed, functional languages.
- Competent Linux/Unix skills.
- Experience collaborating using Git/GitHub/CI tools and processes.
We don’t expect everyone to have these, but any experience or interest in working with them would definitely be a plus:
- Experience building projects with OCaml, ReasonML, Haskell, or other functional programming languages.
- Working with cloud infrastructure, specifically GCP.
- An interest in theorem proving and formal verification.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Private Healthcare and Dental Plan
- Pension Plan
- Stock Option Plan
- Continuous Integration
- Data Visualization