Seeking an Industrial Engineer or Engineering Manager to perform project management of the technical work performed by a team supporting the U.S. Navy Surface Ship Torpedo Defense (SSTD) Program. The Project Manager will directly assist the Program Manager (PM) in coordinating the day-to-day activities of multiple projects to ensure that the objectives of the overall Program are met.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing Life Cycle Engineering and Maintenance in a service industry environment specializing in budgeting; tracking expenditures and work completion; establishing and optimizing work processes and productivity; and resource tracking/management.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Lead the planning for and supervise the implementation of technical efforts, such as maintenance, refurbishments, modifications, upgrades, shipboard installations, equipment reclamation, and fabrication efforts of the Navy SSTD Systems on various ship platforms, as a Project Manager.
Create tools to include, but not limited to, tracking schedule and work progress with Microsoft (MS) Project and tracking personnel hours and labor and material costs in MS Excel.
- Create and utilize an Earned Value Management (EVM) System to track and forecast project progress and expenses.
- Develop and manage a project-specific financial/budget tracker with MS Excel.
Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Coordinate and manage acquisition of material and resources.
- Coordinate the request for personnel needed for each technical effort.
May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Analyze and interpret data and apply engineering knowledge and skills to make executive decisions.
Conducts planning and provides recommendations to PM and client on task workload.
Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Organize and interface with government clients and sub-contractors to ensure project success.
Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management from an ABET accredited institution.
5+ years of related Project Management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance; go onboard Navy ships and climb ladders. Must be proficient with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, etc. Must possess good organizational and communication skills, have a positive attitude, be team oriented and a good problem solver. Must have the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed. Candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel during the interview.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Project Management Professional