To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Ean Levine
- Phone: 3036947174
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Linux Systems Engineer - Team Lead (TS/SCI) - Colorado
TEKsystems, Inc • Washington, DC
Posted 24 days ago
*** Must relocate to Aurora, Colorado ***
TEKsystems has a leadership opportunity for a System Administrator Team Lead. The candidate will have supervisory and managerial responsibility for a team of 3-5 personnel that provide Linux and Windows operational support and sustainment for a diverse high priority operational environment which supports a critical U.S. Government mission. This position will support an evolving system with opportunities for the candidate to provide technical input and direction for the architectural changes necessary to support growing requirements of the system. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized. The candidate would be expected to lead and participate in the project life-cycle of activities focused on upgrading, and increasing the capabilities of the operational, and development and test environments. The candidate will follow engineering process as well as other government mandated processes during the life cycle of systems they will maintain. The position allows for a flexible schedule but generally requires daytime support during core hours, with occasional after hours call in support to resolve issues based on mission criticality and management guidance.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Taking a leadership role for design teams and provide technical oversight to the team members
* Lead design reviews, team meetings, program and customer meetings as needed
* Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed engineering changes
* Prepare and manage team loading across the period of performance
* Work with program manager and functional management to align staffing needs with appropriation of assignments
* Candidate should have strong leadership and be able to effectively manage technical staff for successful execution of programs, while maintaining and developing positive team dynamics
* Support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel
* Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated service.
* Provide day to day direction and support for the System Administration team in the development and execution of the team's scope of work to include:
o Perform software application maintenance and OS maintenance on a diverse network of physical and virtual servers. Operating systems to include Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, and VMWare.
o Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, storage management, system loading and system monitoring
o Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system outages or problems utilizing program processes and procedures. These activities include collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
o Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools per customer requirements.
o Perform system monitoring, analyzing and documenting of performance and conducting trend analysis as required.
o Implement and maintain compliance of Information Security and Assurance policies
o Apply security hardening settings and work with our Information Assurance partners to maintain compliance with standards
o Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
o Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new IT infrastructure
o Create and maintain technical and detailed design documentation
Candidate shall have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience, to include:
* Performing Linux systems administration with Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS or SuSE Linux Enterprise
* System maintenance activities such as user administration, system network management, patching, name resolution, authentication, daemon, init, and cron management
* System backup and restore with tools such as NetVault, Backup Exec, and Clonezilla
* Experience with system deployment and configuration management tools such as Kickstart, Altiris, and Puppet
* Experience with VMware Virtual Center Server and vSphere
* Experience with database such as MySQL and Postgres
* Linux integration with Windows-based systems
* System design, installation and configuration
* System security controls implementation
* Vulnerability Assessment (testing, assessment, mitigation/justification)
* Experience with compliance and implementation of Information Security and Assurance policies (i.e. ICD-503)
* Troubleshoot issues using built-in operating system functionality and system logs
* Documentation including discrepancy reports, system configuration, test documentation, and user guides
* General knowledge of engineering processes and system life cycles
* Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting
* Proven experience in all aspects of managing a Unix/Linux environment including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems to enforce security controls
* Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening techniques
* Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application issues
* Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Must be able to provide occasional off hour call in support
* Position may require occasional travel (2-3 trips per year)
* Ability to lead special projects and manage resources
* Ability to train others in standard IT processes and procedures
* Excellent communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
* CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of employment
* Possess current Top Secret Clearance with CI poly
* Experience in a DevOps role and environment
* Experience managing modern Windows systems and Active Directory
* Software release management and tools such as Subversion and Vagrant
* Virtualization such as Vsphere and KVM
* Host-based security software such as IPTables and Symantec Endpoint Protection
* Familiarity with Host-Based Security System (HBSS) suite of software applications (McAfee)
* Network monitoring systems such as What's Up Gold and Nagios
* Object Request Brokers such as CORBA and RPC
* Directory based authentication such as freeIPA or 389
* Public Key Infrastructure
* Experience and technical knowledge of satellite ground systems including hardware, software, and network architecture
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Linux System Administrator
* CISSP certification
* Basic understanding of Oracle, SQL, or other databases
Must have 8 years of experience plus a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or possess the equivalent of 16 years applicable experience in lieu of a degree.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.