Global Energy company is seeking a Boiler Operator to join their team! Must have Boiler Operator Certificate! (for immediate consideration, please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply)
Shift (once trained) will be 6pm-6am on every Monday and Tuesday and every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday, potential option f 8 week rotation of days to nights.
The Boiler Operator will safely and reliably operate boilers and will be responsible for operation and monitoring of high pressure, oil and gas-fired steam boilers and auxiliary equipment and will manage pressure, temperatures, and flow of steam system, including boilers, feed water, and distribution systems.
- Operate the Plant in a safe, reliable, and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for operation and monitoring of high pressure, gas fired, steam boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Operate Back pressure Steam Electric Generator and gas fired backup electric Generator.
- Maintain shift operating logs and records
- Perform regular equipment rounds, taking critical readings from pressure gauges, temperature indicators, meters and other instruments
- Routinely follow safe working practices and maintain environmental awareness identifying hazards and taking corrective action as approved
- Perform chemical analysis, regenerate water softeners and dealkalizers and maintain chemistry logs and monitor chemical inventory
- Unload, handle and transfer bulk chemicals
- Perform running repairs as necessary for continued operation.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have or be able to obtain a Grand Rapids Boiler Operator License.
- 3+ years’ experience in operation and monitoring of high pressure power boilers, combustion turbines, steam turbines, water treatment and auxiliary equipment.
- 3+ years’ experience in maintenance, repair and cleaning of boilers, furnaces, and auxiliary boiler equipment
- The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 50-lb load.
- Knowledge of central utility power plants including boilers, turbines, compressed air, utility distribution systems including steam, and instrumentation and controls.
- Must be available to work occasional scheduled or unscheduled overtime, as required.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts that include holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to tolerate confined spaces, tolerate heights, climb ladders, lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178