To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Engineer (Manufacturing)
Apex Systems • Irvine, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Global Medical Device company in Irvine is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join the team!
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas
- Design and develop new products and product mock-ups alongside the creative team
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Develop standardized design criteria across all product line
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Proven expertise in statistical techniques
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Ability to translate technical information to all levels of the organizations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Quality Engineering (e.g., CQE body of knowledge)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts with ability to apply to work product
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering concepts with ability to apply to work product
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extensive understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of and adherence to Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Work is performed independently while exercising considerable latitude in making significant decisions
- Set policies and standards that are followed by others
- Guides others in resolving basic issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of creativity
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience including either industry or industry/education in manufacturing or process engineering
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178