As an Engineering Leader on our Light Industrial Systems team, you will be responsible for leading a group of electrical hardware and software engineers. As an Engineering Leader, you should be very comfortable with defining & setting engineering standards, as well as, management of the entire hardware/software electrical engineering team. An integral part of the role is to not only drive technology and infrastructure best practices across this multi-discipline engineering team but to also lead and mentor the electrical engineering team associates in all aspects of their roles.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director-Engineering Light Industrial and your peers in Operations and Marketing to deliver the product platform strategy. As an Electrical Engineering Leader you will be responsible for understanding Hypertherm system architectures, pinpointing problem areas, upholding product quality and driving design with constant engagement with engineers, operations and product marketing owners.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have experience with the following:
- Directly supervising and developing electrical engineers, conducting performance plans and reviews, assessing team weaknesses and overseeing recruiting of open positions.
- Leading cross-functional project teams including design engineering, manufacturing engineering, marketing, and other support functions in the development of new products that meet design specifications, reliability requirements cost and budget goals, schedule commitments, and other primary project objectives.
- Leading an electrical engineering teams research into new technologies
- A minimum of 5 years of project management with demonstrated experience in product design and development of low kilowatt power supplies with embedded systems controls
- 3-5 years' experience leading a diverse set of technical teams and managing an engineering lab in support of product and technology improvement and development.
- Proven experience with project level directing and leading electrical engineers and cross-functional teams utilizing the latest tools and methods such as DFMA, DFT, FMEA, and pFMEA as well as design tools for PCB, PCBA, 3D design and modeling and thermal modeling.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the product development of complex power and embedded systems architectures.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering degree is required. MS, MEM or MBA is strongly preferred. Additional coursework, advanced degree and/or project management certification are a plus!
Some of the benefits you can expect with a career at Hypertherm:
- Global, 100% employee-owned company for over 50 years
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
- 4 days/year Community Service Time
- Strong commitment to Environmental Stewardship
- Stable, growing organization with a no-layoff philosophy
- Relocation assistance is available
Design For Manufacture And Assembly (Dfma)