The ANNUITIES Operation’s Analyst at Oceanview, will collaborate with internal and external teams. This role will work with our Third Party Administrator (TPA) to analyze current processes, identify process improvements and manage the implementation of the improvements. The Operation’s Analyst will work with our third party vendors to implement future changes on to their platforms. Activities also include forms maintenance, working with our TPA to maintain processing guides, monitoring metrics and auditing current state processes.
This position requires a strong understanding of how technology impacts the insurance industry . The Operation’s Analyst should have a working knowledge of insurance operations including, new business processing, agent licensing & appointment, commission processing and post issue policy service. The person in this position should be able to give input into and follow applicable business processes and procedures in order to maintain compliance of daily insurance operations.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for seeing that operations meet or exceed customer and management expectations
- “Customer” refers to any and all policyholders, agents, representatives, marketing organizations and internal customers
- Monitor priorities established for the TPA regarding:
- Issuing new business
- Onboarding of agents, marketing organizations and financial institutions
- Transfer of assets process
- Agent appointment, new business and policy service NIGO processes
- Commission processing
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to find and implement improvements (cost, time to deliver and quality) to existing processes. Outstanding communication skills with the ability to interact with other teams and individuals to make business recommendations.
- Tasks associated with our third party vendors including changes and annual compliance reviews (SuranceBay, BIG, Vector One, Vertafore, Insurance Technologies, EBIX)
- Onboard new vendors and work closely with the project teams for implementations
- Report on key metrics around Distribution. Help establish automated reporting and executive dashboards. Experience in content analysis, advanced analytics, measurement and optimization.
- Work closely with channel specialists (Sales/Marketing), to support marketing campaigns and Distribution management. Familiarity with SalesForce.com or similar CRM solutions.
- Forms and policy page management.
- Maintain a repository of existing forms, form revisions, the creation of new service forms and policy assembly instructions as we add additional products.
- Agent & Client Portals
- Collaborate with staff to design enhancements to allow for the portals accessibility, ease of use, provide additional information and streamline current processes
- Work with our TPA’s BA & Developers on bug fixes and enhancements
- User Acceptance Testing for releases
- Create “How To” tutorials to increase user adoption
- Review and coordinate with our TPA all correspondence to our “Customer”
- Collaborate with finance to ensure accurate financial reporting of commissions including GL interfaces from policy administration systems
- Other duties as needed or required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years’ experience working with independent sales organizations
- 4+ years’ experience working with insurance processes
- Experience with state insurance producer appointment process
- Experience with direct customer interaction
- Experience managing and working in cross-functional teams including external partners
- Strong business acumen especially in the annuity business
- Working knowledge of insurance or other sales hierarchy structures
- Ability to work with remotely located partners and coworkers
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently set stretch goals and hit targets
- Ability to analyze complex information and reach reasonable conclusions
- Assess and manage risk quickly and efficiently
- Think independently and strategically
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Oceanview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Process Improvements (Business)