Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blue prints and do estimates.
- Material and labor takeoffs manage electrical projects and control costs based on project budgets.
- Must possess working knowledge of the electrical industry to include new site build, modifications deployment and implementation, and some knowledge of real estate, site acquisition and zoning
- Responsible for managing and controlling costs for the financial cycle of the project to include budget control and maintenance, financial tracking, reporting and bidding, proposal management, purchase orders, and review and approval of vendor invoices, and project close-out.
- Prepares the scope of work to include pricing, resources and schedule for new and proposed projects in accordance with existing contract terms and conditions
- Responsible for managing site acquisition, engineering and construction projects in compliance with established processes and policies established by the company, the client, and regulatory agencies.
- Use knowledge of customer's networks and business models to assist with determining future opportunities to deploy additional products and services
- Risk management and contingency planning, negotiation of complex or sensitive issues to favorable resolution
- Enforces the MasTec Network Solutions quality program and ensure that appropriate safety guidelines are followed in the performance of the work by staff and vendors and ensures that work practices meets or exceeds all current company and industry standards and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Understand, train and enforce the company quality program, processes and standards. Manage the inspection and acceptance work performed by vendors and company resources including the quality of services, equipment and materials, engineering documents, and other required project deliverables.
- Implement and achieve the company Zero Defect Policy
Skills and Experience
- High School graduate with 5 years of industry trade experience.
- Experience with 24VDC and 48VDC is preferable.
- Project management scheduling software experience (i.e. Microsoft Project, P3e or comparable)
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Estimating software
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage, plan and think strategically
- Ability to Build and Foster Collaborative Relationships
- Design and construction experience
- Core network experience
- Some RF engineering experience preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making abilities.
- Licensed AK state 01 Journeyman
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 26007
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Over the course of the last 80 years, MasTec companies have been involved in some of the largest and most complex infrastructure construction projects across the country. Our experience has given us a deep and comprehensive understanding of the markets we serve, as well as the ability to effectively manage people, projects and equipment. It allows us to proactively identify challenges, avoid pitfalls, and overcome obstacles, and to accurately set and meet expectations for schedule and budget.
View the full profile
With offices across the country, a workforce of nearly 12,000 skilled professionals, and an extensive wholly-owned fleet of specialized construction equipment, MasTec has the resources needed to reliably deliver quality work for even the most complicated jobs. Our geographic reach, scalability, and overall financial stability enable us to meet each of our customers' changing needs on a daily basis.
Our focus on innovation colors everything we do, and as we've grown, we've fostered it throughout every level of our organization. We're always looking for ways to increase efficiency within the projects we take on, and within our own organization. We work to stay at the forefront of safety and environmentally responsible construction, and to increase the application of these concepts throughout each and every client project. We strive to find better solutions to the world's needs, as well as safer, more socially conscious ways to meet them both today and in the future.
MasTec & our subsidiaries are currently certified as a Minority-Controlled Company by the National Minority Suppliers Development Council (NMSDC) and as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the California Public Utilities Commission's Supplier Clearinghouse. These certifications allow MasTec to be recognized as a minority contractor throughout the United States and across a range of industries that we serve.