The barista role is a guest interactive position for individuals who have a passion, understanding, and willingness to learn the legacy of Milton Hershey. Responsibilities include preparing food and beverage orders to our guests. The Cocoa Beanery on the (HCAR) Hershey Center for Applied Research campus is a spot for our guests to relax and enjoy a variety of beverages, sandwiches, baked goods, and creative desserts, all with an accent on chocolate.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays based on operational needs.
- Greeting all guests
- Providing general information on the history and legacy of Milton Hershey
- Serving a variety of chocolate flavors to our guests
- Learning food and beverage menus in order to explain items to guests
- Preparing food according to company standard recipes(Creating and following food preparation lists)
- Answering guest questions and offering suggestions on food products
- Handling the telephone in a professional manner
- Cashiering responsibilities including the handling of all money transactions, as well as credit cards and knowledge of the P.O.S system to properly ring in customers' orders and perform closing procedures
- Operating, maintaining, and cleaning all equipment, such as espresso and Panini machines, oven, blender, coffee maker, etc.
- Washing dishes/silverware/pots and pans whenever needed
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, such as Emptying trash and cleanliness of restroom and dining areas to adhere to ServSafe and PA Department of Health guidelines and standards
- Handling guest complaints
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Basic knowledge of food service/coffee beverages
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Previous cashier experience helpful
- Experience with POS system helpful
- Basic knowledge on the legacy of Milton Hershey
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Schedule includes mornings/mid-shifts/evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Shifts will vary between locations but may include starting shift as early as 6am to a closing shift of 7pm.
- The occasional catered banquet event after normal operating hours may require an evening shift up to 10pm.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical requirements include standing and walking for 8 hour shift; bending; pushing/lifting up to 50 lbs; squatting; speaking, listening and memorizing.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 15164
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R), we are a world-class
entertainment & hospitality company located in the heart of Hershey, PA. Every
member of our team goes above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience –
one that will create lasting memories for our guests and foster success for our
employees, company and community.
View the full profile
is a privately held company founded in 1927 when our founder, Milton S.
Hershey, separated his chocolate manufacturing operations from his other
businesses. Our nearly 1,600 full-time and more than 6,200 seasonal/part-time
employees share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder while
striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless
Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.