The Resident Assistant provides quality nursing care to residents. Assists residents with the activities of daily living as specified on individualized resident care plans and assignment sheets according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the facility. Facilitates structured social/leisure activities according to daily schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and documents resident care delivery as specified on care plans, individualized assignments, bath schedules, nutrition, ambulation schedules, etc.
- Monitors and meets resident needs consistent with quality nursing procedures such as bathing, transferring, eating assistance, etc. Makes beds as assigned.
- Observes and reports physical and/or behavioral changes in residents. Reports observations and suggestions promptly, accurately and precisely.
- Properly uses and cares for equipment and supplies.
- Answers all call lights and resident requests in a timely manner. Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies involving resident and co-worker safety.
- Assists in orienting residents to the facility environment and routines upon admission and as needed throughout their stay.
- Helps maintain neatness and orderliness of resident rooms, equipment, utility rooms and common areas.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Illinois preferred.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant’s record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Assisted Living BWRC
Job Function: Nursing
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Nutrition, Public Health, Patient Care Technician, CNA, Nursing Assistant, Healthcare
Certified Nursing Assistant