To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boca Raton, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Boca Raton, FL
Posted 14 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Accounting Manager in Boca Raton, Florida (FL). Essential Job Functions
- Manage timely and accurate completion of the month-end closing
- Review and approve account reconciliations and journal entries
- Provide detailed expense reporting including variance analysis and project reporting
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recognized and reported on a timely basis in accordance with GAAP/FASB
- Send monthly financials to parent company
- Prepare quarterly competitive analysis report for executives
- Oversee preparation of daily reporting and bank activities
- Oversee preparation of certain yearly budget items
- Manage timely and accurate completion of sales and use tax filing
- Review and approves sales and use and related tax returns
- Oversee all sales and use tax audits
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for staff
- Set goals and monitors achievements
- Evaluate performance and provide opportunities for professional growth
- Ensure compliance with time and attendance policies and the timely submission of employee's time records to payroll
- Work closely with IT department to ensure that tax calculations in order processing system is correct
- Work closely with IT and various other departments to ensure that system and corporate processes are accurate and effective
- Analyze existing procedures and implement new procedures
- Develop and administer accounting and sales and use tax policies and practices throughout the organization
- Stay abreast of the latest trends by attending seminars and webinars and/or reading trade literature
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Finance with extensive Accounting background
- MBA, CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 5 years of experience in Accounting, at least 3 in a supervisory accounting role
- Knowledge and experience with the ASC 606 standard
- Experience with JDE / E1 is a plus
- Possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (VLOOKUP, Macros and Pivot Tables)
- The candidate must be a self-motivating individual who can excel with little supervision and use leadership skills to motivate staff
- Experience working in a medium or large-sized company
- Proficient in GAAP/FASB codification
- Ability to supervise professional level staff of various experience levels
- Ability to network within the organization
- Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office