To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Octo Consulting Group seeks a Proposal Manager who can manage the proposal development process effectively from bid decision through award, while also leading proposal development teams to increase the customer focus, quality, and professionalism of their proposal. The successful candidate will have great management skills, but will also be a strong leader who builds rapport with the proposal development team, builds consensus among the leadership for proposed solutions, and guides and mentors proposal development teams to continue to increase the proposal development capability of the firm.
As the Proposal Manager, you will lead matrixed teams in the pursuit of Federal business opportunities.. You will be an integral part of is a rapidly growing firm with a maturing business development capability and a burgeoning infrastructure that supports all aspects of a successful proposal response (contracts, pricing, capture, solution architecture).
Proposals to be managed vary in size and complexity, and typically range from $20 million to $150 million and can be both programs or multi-award contracts (IDIQ, BPA). The ideal candidate will have experience managing Civilian and Intelligence Community proposals and will have the ability to manage teams of internal personnel from across the company as well as potentially large teams of subcontractors to deliver winning-quality, professionally-designed proposal documents.
The proposal Manager reports directly to the Director of Proposal Operations and will support capture managers from across Octo’s four primary portfolios. If you are a committed professional who is not content with the status quo, if you are able to develop productive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization, and who can adapt to working with teams with different team dynamics to drive successful outcomes, Octo is the place for you.
Essential Job Functions:
Owns the process for developing large, complex proposals ensuring accurate and timely submission including:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for proposal development tasks throughout the proposal development life cycle
- Supporting training activities related to proposal development techniques, strategies, and capabilities for less experienced personnel
- Calculating proposal metrics and maintaining proposal IP libraries, keeping all artifacts current with Octo’s latest service catalog
- Supporting Capture Teams with pre-RFP document support for strategic RFIs and Sources Sought Notices
- Advising capture teams on solution needs, capability gaps, and any risks/issues that arise during the proposal development process, and working collaboratively to resolve those issues
- Coordinating strategy, approach, and deliverables with the bid/capture team.
- Planning proposal development efforts including scheduling proposal efforts, assigning resources to proposal sections, and supporting the Capture Manager with determining resource needs and proposal budgets
- Developing compliance matrices, proposal shells (annotated outlines), data calls, and other proposal development-related administrative artifacts
- Leading and coordinating kickoff meetings for proposal efforts
- Leading color reviews with assigned Review Team Chairs to gather constructive feedback that promotes increasing proposal quality throughout the proposal’s life cycle
- Leading post-submission document production activities including BAFOs, final proposal revisions, and responses to clarifications/deficiencies
- Planning proposal efforts using project management techniques to control scope, cost and schedule
- Supporting the Capture Manager to contain B&P budgets
- Preparing and presenting oral and written reports for executive management
- Providing leadership and educating to less experienced personnel
- 7+ years of experience managing all aspects of Federal proposal development processes
- Experience managing Proposal Operations staff including coordinators, editors, graphics personnel, external consultants
- Proven ability to lead teams, not just manage processes and schedules
- Proven ability to manage teams with many writers and subcontractors
- Experience working with company products, operating systems, and programming languages
- Experience working with standardized sets of proposal development tools, templates, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with people at all levels of the firm, internal personnel, and subcontractors
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Desktop publishing and light graphics capability
- APMP certification is desirable but not required
- Reston, VA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate