Staffing Now has seen increased demand for payroll professionals with clients of ours located throughout the twin cities metro.
Responsible for effectively managing domestic and international payroll functions to ensure employees are paid accurately and timely in compliance with federal and state law and company policies. Manages payroll staff and is responsible for managing through any required system changes/updates to ensure seamless payroll services throughout the enterprise.
* Manage the preparation and distribution of the semi-monthly and weekly multi-state, domestic and international payroll including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal, state and provincial wage and hour laws.
* Responsible for supervising the US payroll team. Manage employee performance through goal setting, feedback, coaching to improve performance, set expectations, manage, prioritize and delegate work assignments appropriately and cross functional training.
* Review and analyze current payroll, benefit and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best practices and process improvements.
* Partner with Corporate Accounting to reconcile all payroll related accounts, assist with internal and external audits to ensure sox controls are followed.
* Enforce controls and processes are retained to ensure accurate processing and reporting.
* Participates in acquisitions and coordinating assimilation of acquired company's employees based on business needs.
* Manages payroll system conversions or updates to ensure payroll accuracy, timeliness and compliance. And provides or monitor s training of payroll staff to ensure new processes are effected as needed.
* Keeps abreast of statutory and regulatory changes in payroll processing requirements and ensures payroll staff has update information and training as needed.
* Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to think in terms of process rather than function.
* Experience in participating on project teams.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to lead, motivate, support and develop staff.
* Ability to interact with all levels of management.
* Accounting experience including general ledger and reconciling various accounts.
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
* Kronos and SAP experience preferred.
* Bachelors in Business, Finance, Human Resources or in related field. (or equivalent experience)
* Payroll experience 5 years
Process Improvements (Business)
Employee Performance Management