Cloud Application Architect
This company is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. They leverage Azure to help clients operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their customer's needs. They specialize in Azure migration, cloud-scale custom application development, IoT, analytics, and DevOps achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation.
As an Azure Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure client success with Azure. You will be responsible for the analysis, design and planning of application architecture in Azure and other related technologies. This is a technical client-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end client cloud application development. The ideal candidate will have experience in client-facing roles and have success leading technical discussions with senior executives that drive key decisions and implementation.
As an Application Architect, you will own technical envisioning, design, project scope and working with the project team to deploy Azure-based solutions that meet our client's needs.
- Work with the sales team to support sales efforts by setting the cloud vision, providing thought leadership and strategy to clients.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects and workshops, overseeing the work of other consultants.
- Architecting and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure that meet the client's needs for security, scalability, reliability and performance.
- Translate requirements into a technical design leveraging existing tools, services and frameworks.
- Drive design and deployment of the client's workloads into Azure by providing architectural guidance (including, design, implementation and deployment), supporting development of the client's cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, but ability to be remote.
- A passion for building applications and cloud-native architecture using PaaS, containers or serverless technologies.
- A desire for continuous learning and exposure to new technology to be used in the cloud space.
- A desire to be hands-on in development and the ability to develop complex architectures in the cloud.
- Proven expertise in application development.
- Expertise in application architecture and experience leading development teams.
- Experience working in a client-facing, consultative environment.
- Experience working hands-on and designing in Azure.
- Understanding of the Agile process and DevOps.
- Interest in or experience in Mobile, IoT, Blockchain applications.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.