The Automation Controls Engineer serves as the main point of contact for Rockwell Automation's customers and serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Regional travel is required, up to 50%. The preferred candidate will have Low Voltage PowerFlex VFD's and MV VFD's experience.
Rockwell's Field Support Engineers are responsible for effectively providing services to support the on-site installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks, and the individual products which comprise these systems.
* Provide customer support through the performance of the installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of Rockwell equipment and systems.
* Program PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA systems for new or modified equipment.
* Maintain automation and equipment including working with low to medium voltage.
* Troubleshoot problems, identify, and implement new or amended system functionality, identify operational process gaps, and take corrective actions.
* Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment, which fails to meet operating standards.
* Execute initiatives supporting our automation strategy, manage operating workflows and progress continuous improvement opportunities.
* Perform project management functions for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
* Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
* Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
* Travel will occur about 50% for this position and will regularly include day trips throughout the region/assigned territory and will have occasional overnight stays
* After hours, on-call and weekend support, as needed
* Company vehicle provided
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field
* Valid Driver's License
* Ability to travel throughout the region/assigned territory, with the flexibility to work after hours, weekends, and holidays as required
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
* 3-12 years of related experience, including Low Voltage PowerFlex VFD's and MV VFD's
* Experienced in PLC and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, RSView32 and/or FTView ME/SE, Networking: RIO, DH+, D-Net, and Ethernet Communication
* PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software
* Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
* PowerFlex products and applications
* Ethernet/IP, Stratix Switches
* Servo/Motion control
* Experience with networks including EtherNet, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
* Application/Project experience utilizing Rockwell's Advanced Software Packages such as Historian, AssetCentre, VantagePoint, and Plant/Energy Matrix
* Experience in Virtual Machine computing and Thin Client technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at
+1 (844) 404-7247
- Business Process Improvement
- Control Systems
- Customer Service