Job ID: 152736
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
This job is a key position in the accounting department helping process billing and incoming materials. The position will handle all aspects of customer billings and accounting for raw material purchases.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Work in a high volume accounting department
• Must be a self-starter with attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet short deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience with Accounts Receivable Billing including but not limited to General Ledger account reconciliation, data entry, and billing experience a plus.
• Be a role model and demonstrate the company’s core values and respect as well as honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
• Utilize customer service skills in dealing with internal and external customers
• Must possess the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to achieve team goals
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
• Must possess strong organization and deductive reasoning skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
• Associates Degree in Business preferred.
• Accounting experience 1-3 years required.
• Previous construction experience preferred.
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
• Pass a pre-employment physical(s).
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Provide valid documentation of legal right to work
• Understanding of accounting practices
• Sufficient math understanding to complete the job requirements
• Proficient in 10 key operation
• Basic understanding of raw materials purchases a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
• This position is an office position and will be in a climate controlled environment.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Maintain Indexed Record