Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Industrial Engineer will establish, install & maintain wage incentive plans. Provide plant with information, studies & recommendations to improve personnel & equipment utilization. He/she will act as company representation in arbitration cases, assist production with labor problems & grievances, and support plant/business center in achieving production goals. Assist in capacity/capability plans. Assist in training of OEE. Assist in routings & updates as necessary.
- Develop time standard data & piecework rates, evaluate ergonomics/motion in positions, provide data to management & union (if applicable).
- Determine factory staffing & changes in labor requirements as necessitated by ticket fluctuation & plant capacity.
- Coordinate with Engineering Department to conduct efficiency studies, justify capital expenditures & recommend plant layout improvements.
- Conduct job analysis on positions, evaluating responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions & skill levels.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities & act as resource to production members.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering. Master’s degree desired.
- 2 years of experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering & maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
- Manufacturing co-op experience helpful, but not required.
- Experience in Union Environment.
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment.
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology.
- Familiar with MOST, six sigma, Lean manufacturing & SAP.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Industrial Engineer.
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
Continuous Improvement Process
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Six Sigma Methodology
Plant Layout Study