Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science or Horticulture? Do you possess excellent math skills? Do you have the ability to work overtime when necessary? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a dependable Viticulture Field Scout. The Field Scout-Viticulture is responsible for monitoring/recording pest activity of wine grapes, pest trap placement, sampling, and technology integration. The Field Scout works closely with the field sales and the operations support team.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or Horticulture
- Proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to drive safely operation company vehicle within state and company guidelines
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Ability to work long periods of time while standing
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift (up to 40 lbs. safely) easily
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both customers and fellow employees
- Dependability/reliability. Occasionally may need to work Saturdays in season
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Scout crops for economic pests and report to appropriate Sales Representative.
- Learn and work with our AgVerdict software program
- Install traps in fields. Inspect and monitor traps
- Take soil, tissue, viral and nematode samples as needed or directed by sales.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base
- Present a professional image to our customers in all interactions (verbal, computer and face-to-face) through personal appearance and overall demeanor
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies (i.e., credit, equipment usage, social media policy) and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Comprehensive health and retirement offering benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
college agriculture student college agriculture student college agriculture student college agriculture student college agriculture student college agriculture student college agriculture student
horticulture horticulture horticulture horticulture horticulture horticulture horticulture horticulture
plant science plant science plant science plant science plant science plant science plant science plant science