Overall planning and management of estimating activities for Commercial Construction projects, including preparation, interpretation and presentation of estimates. The estimator would play a major role in Education, Healthcare, Commercial Office Projects.
A well-established Commercial General Contractor that has a large pipeline of projects. Our firm provides construction services throughout Colorado, delivering innovative solutions to clients across every sector, in every industry. We strive to create a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for outside interests, family time, and fun.
- Lead in the development of detailed cost estimates at different levels of construction completion.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of a project cost estimate throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Development and implementation of a holistic strategy for each project from concept to construction.
- Responsible for determining areas for self-perform trades, material selection and areas for value engineering.
- Direct the management of a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyze historical cost trends to forecast a projects budget at high levels.
- Ability to assess cost risks during a project lifecycle and communicate to responsible parties.
- Manage and lead a team, provide feedback, mentor and develop team members to achieve their potential.
- Assist in KPI development and achievement.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Construction Estimating experience
- Education, Healthcare, Commercial Office Experience Preferred
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
- Drafting and computer skills
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits
- Potential Bonus
Construction Estimating Software