City Experiences is seeking an Annual Captain in Chicago.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
A successful Annual Captain will be able to stand bridge watch and assist in the safe navigating and maneuvering of the vessel and take command becomes incapacitated.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stand bridge watch and assist in the safe navigating and maneuvering of the vessel
- Take command if captain becomes incapacitated
- Clean and maintain vessel
- Assign deck crew tasks and provide direction
- Supervise and perform routine shipboard maintenance as required
- Carry out captain's orders
- Solve problems that come up
- Ability to run all onboard drills
- Strong focus on customer service
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas including but not limited to: Gangways, Pier Facilities, Ramps, Barges and the entire vessel.
- Ability to sweep, mop, and wash down decks to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses
- Load or unload materials from vessels & Handle lines to moor vessel to pier
- Vessel maintenance including, but not limited to: aesthetics, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray) fire suppression, communications, and navigation systems
- Stand look-out watch on bow, stern, or bridge wings in order to look for obstructions in ship's path or to locate navigational aids such as buoys and lighthouses
- Operate and maintain ship equipment such as engines and generators, winches, HVAC systems and bridge equipment
- Willing to be involved in shipyard periods
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- One (1) to three (3) years’ maritime experience OR one (1) year mechanical experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Must be able to lift furniture and other heavy items such as provisions up and down stairs.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.