Director, Investment Accountant - Financial Services
Our client, a prestigious area financial services related organization, is currently seeking a Director of Investment Accounting to join the team.
About the Opportunity:
- Growth oriented company - looking at acquisitions
- Ability to add immediate value by suggesting ideas for process enhancements.
- Help transform the department! Potential for a leadership opportunity.
- Excellent benefits: generous PTO, additional paid time off for volunteering opportunities, benefits begin day 1 of employment!
- Onsite gym with a personal trainer! Free to all employees!
Responsibilities of the Director of Investments
- Oversight of one direct report - review and mentoring.
- Accounting and reporting of investment holdings. Develop and maintain reporting for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Manage GAAP and Statutory analysis related to debt and equity securities, alternative investments, private equity/private placements, derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Support accounting and financial.
- Oversee the preparation of investment footnotes for quarterly and annual GAAP and Statutory financial statements
- Review all statutory investment schedules
- Additional duties as required.
Preferred qualifications of the Director, Investment Accounting
- CPA highly preferred
- Public Accounting experience - Investments client exposure not required, however the interest in learning the investments industry. OR 3- 5 years Investments industry accounting experience
Coaching And Mentoring