Aethon Energy Operating LLC’s (“Aethon”) Reservoir Engineering role will have responsibilities including helping to generate company reserve reports, assisting with various support for the finance group, and working alongside the development team to analyze and improve well performance.DUTIES & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with multi-disciplinary team including reservoir engineering, geology, accounting, and operations to prepare SEC style reserve reports
- Reserve forecasting: decline curve fit, assign reserves, generate quarterly & year-end reserve evaluations, run economic evaluations, write queries, and be proficient in back-end data management (Analyzing LOS statements to ensure accuracy of ARIES inputs)
- Track and update WI / NRI for new drill wells; Communicate same to other departments (Production / Reserves etc.)
- Work with 3rd party reserve auditors to help generate company reserve report
- Liaise with financial partners and banks on borrowing base sensitivities
- Support initiatives to expand and improve corporate data warehousing projects
- Help with acquisitions & divestiture economic evaluations
- Provide engineering support to various other departments regarding economics and reserve data.
- Create dashboards in Spotfire on new well performance; Establish measurement criteria for operations and systematically appraise and evaluate results against these standards.
- Enhance technical competencies by keeping abreast of new trends, techniques, and technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to meet objectives of the region
Education & Work Experience:
Personal & Soft Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required
- 5+ years work experience with significant time spent in Reservoir Engineering role
- Must be proficient with ARIES software – forecasting & economics
- Strong understanding of SEC Reserve classification
- Spotfire or similar data analytics software experience is preferred
- Data management skills with sequel server & access databases a plus
- Must be proficient on personal computers and all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Proficiency with IHS Harmony a plus
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Must possess the ability to direct and influence a team of internal and contractor personnel toward delivery of expected results and performance
- Must be a team player, and have proven ability to work in multi-discipline environment
- Well-developed writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to function independently to identify and solve complex problems
- Organized and disciplined with a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment
- Generate results for assigned and self-initiated projects
- Provide mentorship and training to others
- Exercise sound judgment on critical issues. Capable of skillfully coordinating small to medium size projects.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and have a valid driver's license
- Successful candidate will be able to meet company standard background check specific to individual role prior to employment and will be subject to Company Drug & Alcohol Program
- Position is an indoor office position which will require remaining in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time
- Premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance for employee and children are 100% paid for by Aethon and premiums for spouse are 75% covered.
- 401k match 100% up to 7% of annual base salary
- Health Advocate to assist navigating your medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company provided:
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible telecommuting schedule (currently WFH on Monday and Friday)
- Paid vacation time based on the total years of career experience, ranging from 3-6 weeks annually
- 9 paid holidays annually
- 40 hours paid sick time annually
- Casual dress code
- Unlimited access to workout facilities within the building
- Wellness program with earned incentives for completed activities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Employees must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every applicant.
Aethon does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Aethon reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Aethon is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of being an equal opportunity employer and to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Data Management