Quality Lab Technician 1st Shift - AIC
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level One: Working under direct supervision, level one quality technicians preform basic inspections tasks relating to in-process inspection, final inspection and receiving inspection. This position calls upon a basic understanding of shop math, print reading, measuring tools, product segregation, and quality reporting. 0-1 Years
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
* Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
* Correctly interpret work orders
* Lift up to 35lbs
* Able to work overtime as needed
* Preform basic quality & inspection tasks (in-process, final, or receiving inspection)
* Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* The ability to read and write English.
* The ability to perform basic shop math, fractions, decimals…
* The ability to use basic hand tools, wrenches, etc.
* The ability to use basic inspection tools such micrometers, calipers, comparators
* The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents - basic computer skills
* The ability to read and interpret work instructions and basic prints and dimensions
Experience & Education
* Typically 0-1 Years of Experience
* GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- Construction Toolkits
- Functional Safety
- Team Working