To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10174
- Jesse Sullivan
- Phone: 2126726990
- Phone:: 1 212-661-6622
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Contract - Human Resources Benefits Generalist
Michael Page • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
My client is seeking a Human Resources Benefits Generalist who will be responsible for providing support for the day-to-day operation and administration of the agency's HR department. You will serve as an experienced Generalist and will serve as the main point of contact for all employee benefits and general HR administration inquiries.
My client provides life-saving, empowering social services for New Yorkers who are suffering and recovering from domestic violence.
- Develop census data, solicit and/or make recommendations for insurance vendors, evaluate quotes and make recommendations to VP, HR and COO based on findings and agency's needs.
- Spearhead the process in modifying, evaluating, and/or comparing existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing the agency's plans, surveying employees and collecting other sources of information regarding best practice and industry standards to maintain the agency's competitive position in the market.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of benefits documentation, i.e. benefit agreements, summary plan documents, insurance policies etc. Communicate with insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the organization to influence changes in benefit programs. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance on behalf of the agency.
- Ensure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Supervise the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulation for the agency.
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee inquiries related to: (benefits, leave of absence, employee information updates, HR/ payroll administration, employment verification etc.).
- Oversee HR related and payroll administration with appropriate departments to ensure accurate coordination for smooth and efficient HR administration processing of employee information regarding: (new hires, pay rate change, promotion, separation, garnishments, advance payments etc.).
- Ensure the accurate and timely (data integrity) processing of data into the HRIS (Ultipro) system, and compliance with the agency's policies, labor regulations, reporting, audits requirements.
- Handle benefits inquiries and grievances to ensure timely, equitable, courteous resolution. Provide timely response to employees and other related entities to facilitate positive customer service experience from the HR department at all times.
- Co-facilitate workshops and benefits meetings with appropriate vendors for new hire orientations, open enrollment and brown bag sessions for employees to provide applicable benefits information and advice to employees on existing benefit plans.
- Other duties as requested based on department, organizational need and as directed by VP, Human Resources.
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management or related field is required; Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Human Resources is required. Experience in Social Service/non-profit highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of HR and benefits laws, best practices, employment regulations etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills along with strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced working environment.
- Must be able to display a high level of discretion and understands the sensitive nature of confidential employee information.
- Excellent employee customer service skills and spirit of team orientation.
- Potential for permanency