To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norcross, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Michael Baker International • Norcross, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker is actively seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Norcoss, GA office and be the Administrative Assistant supporting our I-85 GEC Contract. This is an on-site role, based in the field office for the project located in Braselton, GA.. The Administrative Assistant will provide full time, on-site, administrative services to a dynamic and cross-discipline team of Engineering and Construction professionals in support of a Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) construction project.
• Operates multi-line VOiP telephone system to route incoming calls to the appropriate party; greets and directs visitors in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, a professional appearance and greet visitors and callers in a tactful and professional manner.
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Maintains lobby and reception area in a tidy and orderly manner.
• Receives and signs for deliveries and courier packages. Routes to staff.
• May receive, sort, and route mail and faxes and maintains and route publications.
• May order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
• Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
• Overall support of the Braselton field office staff on a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
• Coordinate periodic meetings using the video conferencing system.
• Assist as necessary with editing, printing and assembly of reports or marketing/proposal submittals.
• Distribute incoming mail and handle outgoing mail and packages.
• Support the Office Engineer in various tasks, including certified payrolls, submittal processing and routing, and distribution of documents.
• Document control and management via paper files, company network, and the E-Builder project management tool.
• Attend meetings, as required, and take detailed notes. Prepare meeting minutes for review, approval, and distribution.
• As directed, assist with creation and maintenance of staff schedules.
• As directed, coordinate with 3rd party inspectors and labs for scheduling and distribution of results.
• Other duties as assigned.
- You’ll need a GEC or High School diploma and have 1-2 years of related work experience. Higher education a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with online project management tools, such as E-Builder, not required, but preferred.
- You’ll need to have excellent communication skills for internal associates and external clients; have experience in general office support to include organization, filing, maintenance of document library, etc.
- Ideal candidate will also have professional maturity and dependability;
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
- Document control experience a plus.
- Experience working on DOT project preferred, but not required.