A large Primary Care facility is hiring for several Medical Assistants to expand their new, growing practice! This clinic sees 60-70 patients per day as a practice. There are nine physicians and will be interchanging between all doctors throughout the day.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Front Office Duties:
The front office pediatric medical assistant is the first person most patients come in contact with in an office setting. The front office assistant is responsible for the paperwork side of the practice. Front office duties include:
- Checking in patients.
- Collecting and verifying insurance information.
- Collecting new patient forms.
- Updating patient files.
- Scheduling laboratory tests and appointments.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Answering office phone calls.
- Setting up phone appointments.
- Verifying appointments with patients by phone.
- Collecting and processing laboratory reports.
Back Office Day-to-Day:
Patients often spend the most time with back office pediatric medical assistants. Medical assistants.
- Escorted into an examination room where a brief history is taken.
- The medical assistant will ask about the reason for the visit and collect symptom information for the patient chart.
- Administer vaccinations.The doctor writes orders for specific vaccinations. Pediatric medical assistants give the patient vaccinations and record the location of injection, lot number, vaccination name and method of injection. This information is then recorded on the patient vaccination record. Between patients, back office medical assistants clean, disinfect and prepare rooms for the next patient.
- Take patent vitals, including blood pressure, height, length and weight.
- Depending on the reason for the visit, the medical assistant may ask the patient for a urine sample.
Hours (40 hours within time frame below):
- Monday & Thursdays 8 am to 8 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday 830 am to 1 pm
- Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ year of experience
- EMR Exp (ECW preferred)
- Pediatric or family medicine experience
For more information, please contact Grace Flood at or 312.487.5827.
Certified Medical Assistant
1+ year of experience
EMR Exp (ECW preferred)
Pediatric or family medicine experience
Electronic Medical Record