• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
• Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
• Prepare cold foods.
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
• Monitor food quality while preparing food.
• Set-up and break down workstation.
• Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
• Additional duties might be assigned.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 40 pounds without assistance.
• Attention to customer service with a professional and pleasant personality.
• Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• 3 years cooking experience
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Provide valid food handling card within 30 days of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
• The Team Member is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Welk Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Outline Of Food Preparation
- Safety Training