The Custom Home Programmer provides a premium experience in the advanced programming of various control platforms in residential and commercial spaces. The programmer is responsible for deploying a robust network solution including installation, setup, and configuration. This role verifies complete system functionality and that the project scope of work has been successfully completed. Additionally, the Custom Home Programmer guide clients through how to fully enjoy and experience their new equipment. The programmer partners closely with Best Buy sales teams and Custom Installation Managers to ensure end-to-end support for their clients.
At Best Buy, we create work environments where every employee feels like they truly belong and contribute to our shared purpose. We are one of the best companies for our customers and employees because we fully embrace people from all backgrounds and identities. Our customer base is diverse, and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce is reflective of the communities we serve.
We are obsessed with building long term relationships with our customers. Every team member should feel empowered to deliver a world-class and unique experience based on what each customer needs.
* Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships and providing solutions to their needs.
* Programs various control platforms which integrate and automate various subsystems for either residential or commercial spaces.
* Setup of advanced networking systems such as multiple VLANs, multiple WANs, VPN access, and wireless management solutions.
* Reviews a scope of work from the Best Buy sales team and system engineered documents from the Engineering team to decide which components need to be programmed.
* Teaches clients how to use systems after they are installed.
* Works with Engineering team, Custom Installation Managers, and Best Buy sales teams to deliver the client's desired level of functionality and performance.
* Meets the custom installation standards of excellence in customer relations, communication, cleanliness, and professionalism.
* 1 year of experience in programming, system integration, networking, or installation OR military equivalent
* 2 years of customer service experience
* Current, valid driver's license
* Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety standards (e.g. minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Ability to consistently lift 75 pounds individually or 150 pounds as part of a team
* Acquire and maintain any state or local licensing, as required, within 90 days of hire
* Consumer Electronics Industry Certification in networking, home automation, system integration, or similar area
* Experience in an in-home installation environment
- Computer Programming
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Experience
- Customer Relationship Management