Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Behavioral Care (OBC) is building a comprehensive outpatient health care delivery system for people with mental health and substance use disorders, collectively called “behavioral health.” Optum Behavioral Care offers in-person and virtual behavioral health solutions and comprehensive offerings to address social drivers of health. The team at OBC partners with innovative providers of health care services to build a system of care that demonstrates improved total health outcomes, member / provider experience, and costs.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will support our Product Management team with a set of skills and experience in managing stakeholders and building products that help us meet our growing organizational needs and roadmap. Optum Behavioral Care offers opportunities to explore different areas of healthcare technology, from health information exchange to tools that enable measurement based care. Optum Behavioral Care is still in early stages of growth, with plans to expand rapidly, so this Product Manager will work on laying the technology foundation to enable scalable, high quality care delivery.
As a Product Manager, you will identify opportunities for developing solutions, and then design and implement these solutions, working with engineering to see products and features through the full SDLC.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Become a behavioral health domain expert through a deep understanding of users, market and technology
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders to derive insights about customer pain points and needs
- Construct an evidence-based, data-driven argument in support of a product decision and tradeoffs made
- Use a clear understanding of user research, data analysis, and customer feedback to refine user stories
- Work closely with developers to understand and overcome technical challenges for new product features / enhancements
- Write clear product specifications and acceptance criteria to groom tickets for engineering sprints
- Define release schedules and milestones required for a successful launch / delivery
- Effectively support the product (e.g., bug triage, answering client questions), pulling in the right people as needed
- Support metric-driven leadership reporting
The opportunity is great because you will
- Gain an understanding of our behavioral health delivery business model and the telehealth space
- Work closely with senior leadership on translating business needs into Product requirements
- Develop complex solutions, with a high degree of independence and autonomy, bringing your vision for a scalable, best-in-class patient care delivery platform to life
- Make a positive impact in behavioral healthcare
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in product management
- Work experience within the healthcare industry
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with behavioral health or primary care
- Experience navigating complex problems and crafting unique and scalable solutions
- Experience working in a decentralized workplace environment, and in supporting remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience making ROI and metrics based decisions
- Experience building and managing multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience directly working in software delivery
- Ability to run multiple projects independently, tackle obstacles and be proactive
- Ability to operate with minimal direction, self-imposed accountability and discipline
- Foundational understanding or familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Proven technical background with the ability to understand pros and cons when discussing product implementation with engineering teams
- Proven moral compass and commitment to Genoa Telepsychiatry’s core values:
- Mission-driven: We are motivated, above all, by our mission to increase access to behavioral healthcare
- Emotional intelligence: We deeply value emotional intelligence and the natural instinct to treat others kindly
- Autonomy: We hold a high standard for excellent work, but offer ample independence to achieve goals in our own individual ways
- Equality: We treat each other equally, always seeing the merit in others' perspectives no matter who presents them
- Goal-oriented: We work hard to crystallize goals, create collaborative strategies, and reach stretchy but achievable goals
- Transparency: We communicate openly - with a bias toward a democratic dialogue
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: product manager, product management, management consulting, healthcare, behavioral health, primary care, software delivery, Agile, product associate, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH