To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior HR Representative
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • McLean, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Senior HR Representative
PenFed is hiring a Senior HR Representative at our headquarters, in McLean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to support, execute, and provide HR tactical guidance for HR programs for the corporate office, including employment, employee relations, retention, performance management, compensation, benefits, and compliance. This position will lead HR projects, support HRBPs with processing administrative tasks to support their client leaders and interact with employees and management performing administrative work of moderate difficulty in human resources including benefits processing, wellness events, and performs related work as assigned. Provide assistance with department’s projects, programs and activities as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the development and deployment of innovative, cost-effective HR strategies to employees in all business units.
- Respond to routine inquiries regarding benefits, HR/corporate policies and procedures, paid time off issues, and/or provides the appropriate resources to address the issue in question. Contribute to policy and procedure content.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Conduct new hire orientation meetings and prepare all associated paperwork for processing.
- Provide support to HRBP team on all people initiatives including processing of EAFs, promotions, salary increases, organization changes, and Position Request forms.
- Generate special reporting for business units to include headcount reports, monthly metrics, performance evaluation stats, new employee survey, generating business unit specific census for critical business issues
- Partner with HRBPs to process and monitor employee corporate card and personal loans
- Track and monthly reporting of vacant budget report to reconcile vacancies and work with HRBPs to determine options
- Process Workers’ Compensation claims
- Serve as the liaison between Talent Acquisition team and HRBP team regarding job postings, candidate start dates, and hiring manager checklists
- Update employee files to document personnel actions and provide information for payroll and other departments as necessary.
- Coordinate and communicate benefits information during orientation and open enrollment.
- Manage I-9 processes by ensuring appropriate documents are completed, maintain records and audits for accuracy, responsible for compliance principles of all documentation received.
- Assist with updating required postings/notices during audits of human resources bulletin boards throughout the organization.
- Partner with all areas of HR to help implement new programs, policies and procedures, collaborates on area training needs, which may include introducing or facilitating programs.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in partnership with HRBP on ER matters, policy interpretation and conflict resolution.
- Implement human resources programs as developed in partnership with HRBPs and other HR functions.
- Interact with different levels of management within the organization.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business or related degree program.
- Minimum three (3) to four (4) years’ of experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other HR Information System, MS Office Proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and diplomacy with all levels of employees. Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, as well as work effectively in a team environment.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
PHR certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.