As the entry point to IT, this individual will be responsible for insuring that the Service Desk provides exceptional customer service to Aveanna Healthcare end users. The Service Desk is the face of IT to our end users. As such this individual will possess excellent customer service, trouble shooting and excellent communication skills. In addition to this, this person will have the ability to be a quick thinker that can react quickly to situations. A self-starter that takes initiatives to improve the position and the overall IT organization. Consistent customer care, quality standards, and reporting requirements are core competencies of the position.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for Maintaining and administering desktop computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, application software, and all configurations. Relies on experience and judgment as well as
Establish procedures and instructions to identify, research and resolve technical problems presented through Level I, II and III (when possible) Service Desk tickets. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. May require an associate's degree in a related area and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Report to Service Desk Manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Face paced environment
- Ticketing System Experience
- Healthcare industry
- Citrix environment
- Desktop environment
• Support Windows clients and WYSE Thin OS thin clients
• Proficiency with Active Directory and the ability to adapt AD to meet business needs
• Familiarity with Medical application support (password resets, account permissions, and troubleshoot printing issues)
• Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks unsupervised
• Overall understanding of TCP/IP networks and phone systems
• Laptop and desktop computer imaging, setup, and configuration
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Creation and upkeep of computer images to ensure standardized configurations across systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Generate technical support documentation, contributing to both the tech and user knowledge bases
• Document incidents and requests according to ITIL standards
• Extensive use of a ticket system
• Take guidance from management to ensure tasks are completed successfully and on schedule
• Minimum 4 years supporting PC’s and servers in an enterprise environment
• Relative certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCITP, HDI-SCA, CCA, CCNA, etc.
The Service Desk Technician must possess an associate or bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
Strong leadership, communication, motivational and decision skills
Influence and Relationship Building Skills at all levels
Industry experience helpful
Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
Professional in appearance and action
Logical and critical thinking skills
Customer- focused with excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications (Windows, Windows Server, Office)
Exceptional analytical and logical troubling shooting skills for Computer and Network issues
Windows Server Administration (Active Directory, DNS, File, User provisioning, Printing)
Hardware and Software provisioning (Imaging, Machine setup/build, software installation, troubleshooting)
MS Exchange / Outlook support
Network Infrastructure Administration (Firewall, IP Addressing, Monitoring, Security, Switches, Wireless)
Storage and Disaster Recovery Knowledge
Experience using ticket tracking software
Willingness to take ownership of problems and follow through to completion.
Proven ability to support customers in a technical environment.
Strong, structured analytical skills.
Must be able to perform movements that regularly require repetitive use of the wrist(s), hand(s) and or finger(s) approximately 80-90% of the workday
Finger dexterity to perform typing, picking up small objects, etc. approximately 80-90% of workday.
Must be able to verbally communicate instructions or other information as required approximately 80-90% of workday.
Must have adequate visual abilities to prepare, inspect documents or operate office machinery approximately 100% of workday.
Must be able to exert physical strength and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or frequently up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to hear average or normal tone conversations and understand/interpret noises or spoken information.
Must be able to bend, turn/twist, kneel, squat 30-40% of each workday.
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support