Description: The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That's why we're crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we'll be ready. Will you? What does this role look like? Lockheed Martin Space is not just about satellites... the Strategic & Missile Defense business area offers growing opportunities to work programs focused on the protection of our nation and allies from a multitude of threats. Our exciting programs are dynamic in nature and often times focus on significant geopolitical trends. The Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new systems to our customers. We have opportunities in the FBM group to get in on the ground floor of a modernization effort that will shape the future of the organization. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Program (SSP) partners to field several future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. This role will offer you the following daily challenges: This position is responsible for leading a diverse team of supply chain management professionals supporting a variety of development, production, and sustainment programs and scope within the Fleet Ballistic Missile Portfolio of LM Space's Strategic Missile and Defense Line of Business. • ensuring timely delivery and quality of material under tight schedules to support the program portfolio
• interfacing with Program Leadership, customer leadership, and key management personnel at various subcontractors
• leading a supply chain management team This position specifically will also be responsible for managing and coordinating global supply chain requirements for and support of a key modernization program within the portfolio from development proposal through contract awards, design reviews, qualification and into low-rate initial production. Although this position does support some teleworking; the preferred candidate will be located near our Lockheed Martin Space facility in in either Denver, CO , or Titusville, FL. , and be expected to work in the office as needed and as appropriate.
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications: • Previous Leadership experience in a teaming environment
• Previous Professional experience with acquisition policies and procedures as well as Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) guidelines.
• Previous professional experience with procurement and subcontract management of specialized materials, complex assemblies, and equipment within the Defense Industry including complex price and terms negotiations
• You will need to be a US Citizen, and be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance , to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Able to travel (~30%)
To be successful, ideally, you should also have: • Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional Integrated Product Teams and/or Supplier Management Teams
• Experience with Earned Value Management and cost account management
• Experience leading teams to solve complex problems
• Previous experience with managing a development subcontract or program
• Previous Proposal Experience
• Business acumen and ability to make business-based decisions
• Demonstrated Risk Management experience
• Technical or engineering experience
• Leadership skills displaying attributes of Full Spectrum Leadership
• Experience with LM P2P (SAP buying system) and Lockheed Martin Acquisition Policies (LMAP)
• Certified Cost Account Manager (CAM)
• You bring positivity and enthusiasm to every project you touch. In addition to the work, you love being part of a team and working collaboratively through the process.
• Proven exceptional strategic communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management, with an ability to persuade and motivate action. PLEASE NOTE-Other important information: • By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities, within Lockheed Martin, where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. • Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. • Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Benefits of Employment: Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package here. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking. We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin's values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women's Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes At Space we value your skills, training, and education. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee... join us to experience your future!
job.Qualifications Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Account Management
- Assembly And Installation
- Classified Information
- Commercial Awareness
- Earned Value Management