The Analyst assists and coordinates all report building and analytical requests for the MSR Portfolio Management team using a technical and functional skill-set. This position will work with multiple data systems to generate and amalgamate extensive data fields for the generation of reporting that supports Portfolio Management activities. The Analyst will be someone who is reasonably fluent with data systems and possess an ability to quickly learn the aspects of mortgage banking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities as requested. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
- Driving business decisions and informing model feedback loops by providing a link between raw data and senior management through the design, development and maintenance of performance metrics, reports and data interpretation and analysis
- Maximizing returns by identifying and reducing credit loss risks, uncovering opportunities for optimization, and isolating and measuring areas of third party under-performance
- Work across business teams and external parties to gather requirements and specifications to enhance reporting, ensure accurate interpretations, assess shortcomings, manage dependencies ad anticipate future demands to support data driven decision making while ensuring a high-level of accuracy, timeliness and usefulness for business leaders
- The design and develop metrics, reports and analyses to drive key business decisions
- Data extraction, analysis and transformation
- An understanding of mortgage banking with a background in mortgage loan data, mortgage securitization, default servicing, and/or origination is a plus, including knowledge of MSP and CAS systems
- Knowledge of SQL or VBA and database logic a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Assist in the preparation of mortgage loan reports to be presented to Management
- Use advanced analytical methods and tools to validate data for accuracy
- Strong task prioritization skills in addition to good statistical and critical thinking skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview Asset Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.