Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
About City Center Allentown:
City Center Allentown is a major mixed-use development that is helping transform downtown Allentown, Pennsylvania, into one of America’s most vibrant urban communities and a regional center of excellence for business, culture and city living. With Allentown’s new arena, PPL Center, at its core, City Center includes 3 million square feet among five Class A office towers, the Renaissance Allentown Hotel, ten residential buildings, upscale retail, and restaurant space and a coworking space called Velocity. City Center’s total investment in downtown Allentown is nearly $800 million, with another $138 million in the planning stages. In 2017, the Downtown Allentown Revitalization District was honored with a Global Award of Excellence by the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
Job Title: -- Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: --
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air handling units, and other building mechanical systems in a multi-building environment. Work may involve the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls through a CMMS application via hand-held device. Takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance via same CMMS and assists or provides oversight of vendor services.
Capable to learn and understand all facets of facility management including but not limited to the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. Knowledge of these tasks is a plus, but not required:
- Communicate professionally with tenants and residents
- Communicate professionally and work with a team.
- Monitor BAS operation and daily building HVAC performance check.
- Repair all restroom fixtures clear drain obstructions
- Troubleshoot minor electrical circuits
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks, ceiling tile replacement, minor painting and wall repair, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
- Understand operation of sprinkler & alarm systems, place systems out of service and drain for testing purposes.
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, complete mechanical logs, tour logs and daily work order reports.
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Perform snow removal duties and operate snow removal equipment.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Mechanical Trades or Trade School training.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in maintenance, and repair of building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
- Familiarity with operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, standby emergency generators.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Valid driver’s license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned along with Driving skills with up to 1-1/2-ton truck.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
- Ability to climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks.
Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.